Well, I sat for SPM last year (2016) and managed to scored A+ in EST. To be frank, I did not expect an A+ as EST in SPM is rather unpredictable and not many sit for it.
So, I was one of those students who contemplate on taking EST for SPM and finally I made the decision to sit for it. ( I made the decision one day before the dateline to send the official slip for the subjects you want to take for SPM)
To be honest, EST is not easy. Well, from what I heard it is much tougher to score nowadays. But, I believe if you want it as much, nothing is impossible.
So, how did I prepare myself?
I only start preparing after I sat for all my other subjects during SPM since it is the last paper and I have enough time to prepare myself.
- PLEASE FINISH READING YOUR EST TEXTBOOKS AS MOST OF THE QUESTIONS COME FROM THERE. ( MY ESSAY QUESTION CAME FROM THE TEXT BOOK)
- FINISH YOUR PAST YEAR QUESTION PAPERS. ( TO KNOW WHAT HAD CAME OUT )
- READ LOTS OF SAMPLE ESSAYS ESPECIALLY RELATED TO SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY. ( ENVIRONMENT,ROBOTS,ETC)
- DO LOTS OF RESEARCH ONLINE REGARDING SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY. (NOTE DOWN EVERY SCIENTIFIC TERM)
- BE CONFIDENT THAT YOU CAN ACE IT.
Alright, that is basically what I did to ace EST.
If you have any question, do drop email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below.